Congratulations on making the decision to start using Primary Billing Service, Inc. as your medical billing and collections solution. We are happy to work with you and treat each client as an individual. In other words, we will always tailor our services to fit your needs.
There are some items we will need in order to get started:
First, you should have received a packet of info that needs to be completed as soon as possible. The items we need returned to us are:
- A signed billing service agreement. This is the contract between you and us.
- Signed electronic billing agreements. These agreements allow us to submit claims electronically on your behalf. Often times Medicare and Medi-Cal can take a while to connect your provider number to our submitter number so the sooner you get these forms completed and returned to us the sooner we will be able to start submitting claims for you. (The Medi-Cal application will need to be signed in blue ink)
- New Doctor Information Sheet. Please complete this form so we will know all of your addresses and identifying provider numbers.
- Signed and completed ERA agreements. ERA stands for Electronic Remittance Advice and this allows us the capability of posting your payments automatically.
Please return these completed and signed forms via US mail (we need originals):
Primary Billing Service, Inc.
2927 Lomita Blvd., Suite B
Torrance, CA 90505
In addition, we will also need:
- A list of any insurance companies that you are contracted/in-network with along with the corresponding contracts, if you have them.
- Your fee schedule that you would like us to use. If you do not have one, we can provide you with one.
- Superbills along with corresponding patient demographics and insurance ID card(s). Once the patient is established in our system, we will only need the superbill. Once the patient is established in our database, it is important that you advise us if the patient has moved, changed names, changed insurance or is deceased.
- Demographics need to include
- Patient name
- Patient address
- Patient Social Security number
- Patient phone number
- Patient date of birth
- Responsible party information, name, address, phone number
- Patient or parent work info
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary insurance information including insurance company name, Insured ID#, group# and relationship to patient.
We can provide a patient registration form in English or Spanish, if you need one.
- Superbills should contain at least one diagnosis and procedure code, patient name, date of service, name of physician who performed the service and place of service. If billing for a code that requires a referring physician, such as a consultation code, please provide the referring physicians first and last name and NPI#.
Transmitting Your Billing Information
How we receive your superbills, patient info and other correspondence:
We prefer that this info be scanned into our “virtual file cabinet” which is a secure HIPAA compliant vehicle for us to receive your information. In addition, we can also place information here for you to view such as reports, EOBs, etc. In order to scan documents to us, it is preferred that you have a multi-feed, duplex Twain compliant scanner. Canon DR series or Fujitsu FI series are recommended by the document imaging company that we use. If you have a different brand or model, please contact us and we will help you learn how to import the files using a scanner other than those that are recommended.
If scanning is not a viable option for you, you can mail us your work via US mail. We recommend using Priority Mail envelopes, which can be obtained at your local post office for free.
Once payments start to arrive at your office from insurance companies and patients, it is important that you please send us a copy of the payment and EOBs so that we can apply it to your patient accounts accordingly. Payments should be sent to us at least once per week.
Instructions for scanning or importing documents into Ebridge
- Log onto www.ebridge-solutions.com
- Go to Login at the top right corner and enter your username and password
- Fill in the field on the Login screen called file cabinet by entering primarybilling
If scanning documents directly into eBridge (recommended):
- Click on Scan
- Documents will start scanning automatically.
- It is important that you index the batch properly after scanning so that we can easily locate it. Please see the instructions for indexing properly below.
Note: The first time you scan documents to us you would need to set up your scanner to work with Ebridge. If you have a Canon or Fujitsu scanner, Ebridge will be able to help you to set up your scanner for the first time. They can be reached at 877-676-6067.
If importing documents into eBridge when using scanners that are not Canon or Fujitsu:
- Scan documents and place the file somewhere on your computer such as My Documents or Destop, etc.
- Name your file with a name of “charges and the date” or “payments and the date”
- Click on Import in eBridge.
- Find the file that you just saved by clicking on browse.
- It is important that you index the batch properly after importing so that we can easily locate it. Please see the instructions for indexing properly below.
Instructions for Indexing Files on Ebridge
There are 4 fields that need to be filled in.
First field is pre-filled in with the Drs name
Second field is the DATE field and it is where the date of the batch goes. This is usually the date you are scanning the batch but it can also be the date of service. ***It is important the the date be in the following format MM/DD/YYYY.
Third field if the BATCH TYPE field. This field has a drop down menu and you can choose either payments or charges. If you are scanning a charge batch choose CHARGES and if you are scanning a payment batch choose PAYMENTS. You will not choose any other options in the drop down menu.
Fourth batch is the BATCH # field. This batch will have 4 characters as follows:
First character is either a C for a charge batch or a P for a payment batch.
Next 2 characters are the day in the date that you have typed in the second field above.
Last character is the number of the batch, ex: first batch would be 1, 2nd batch with the same date would be 2, etc.
An example for this field would be as follows. You are sending 2 charge batches and 1 payment batch today, Oct 29,08
First charge batch would be Batch # C291
Second charge batch would be Batch # C292
First payment batch would be Batch # P291
Last field is the ACCESS field and this field will always remain blank.
It is very important the you label these fields properly so that we will be able to locate your batch. If you have any questions regarding indexing your scanned batches please contact either Kathy at (800) 539-9945 Ext 108 or Liz at (800) 539-9945 Ext 106.
You may have other questions or concerns that are not addressed here. Please feel free to contact us at (800) 539-9945 Ext 106 and we will help you.